Why does my forehead still swell up in the afternoon/evening three month after the operation?

I had a forehead, neck and face lift, all at the same time about three month ago. While, visibly everything looks normal now, I still feel swelling around the cheeks, although it is getting better. The part that bothers me most is my forehead. It still swells up, especially in the late afternoon/ evening. It is also numb. I know that the numbness can take a while to disappear, but what about the swelling?

Some Degree of Numbness and Swelling Can Occur Months After Multiple Facial Surgeries

+1

Luke18 While a complete evaluation would be necessary to determine your cause of swelling, it is not uncommon to have some small degree of edema post multiple facial surgeries. While you sleep gravity is pulling the fluid toward the back of your head, when you stand gravity forces this fluid downward toward your cheeks. This same swelling goes hand in hand with the numbness. You will probably find both go away at the same time. You should follow up with your cosmetic surgeon and make sure nothing else is occurring.

Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead swelling after surgery

+1

Swelling of the face following rejuvenation surgery can occur intermittently for up to three months. This should cease by six months.

Thomas Romo, III, MD, FACS
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in forehead 3 months after lift

+1

It is not uncommon to still have some degree of swelling in the forehead 3 months after a forehead lift. It can take 6-12 months for this to subside, but I would say that it should be improving gradually. You are correct that it can take several months for the numbness to improve as well.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon