How Can I Best Have my Flat Breasts Fixed?

I had breast reduction surgery about 20 years ago when I was young and overwieght. I have since lost 125 pounds. The only breast tissue I have hangs under the nipple, wich lays flat against my chest. I don't want big breasts, I just don't want them to look like pancakes any more. I also hate the look of implants. Is there a way to move my nipple down to where there is breast tissue? Or push the tiny bit of tissue up? Maybe a small implant? I'm so confused and unhappy !

Doctor Answers (2)

Breast shaping afer a deflated reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Congratulations on your weight loss!  That is an amazing accomplishment. 

Chances are that a lift will give you a much improved shape and better nipple position.  Since it has been twenty years since your reduction, blood supply issues are probably moot if you are a non-smoker.  Depending on your anatomy and what you want, your surgeon may recommend a smallish implant or even some fat transfer to help re-establish some volume.

Good luck!

Seattle Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

How Can I Best Have my Flat Breasts Fixed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello Feff156

Some photos may give you a better answer to your question.  

However you may be able to have a mastopexy (breast lift procedure) which can use your pre-existing breast tissue to enhance your breasts and also give you the lift that you desire.  If you do not have enough of your own tissue then you can have a small implant and mastopexy at the same time to give your  abetter looking breast.

Hope this helps

Stephen Salerno



Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.