Are These my Final Results? 10 Days Post Rhino, And Nose Tip Is Too Thin. (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty (Tip done only) 10 days ago. I had my cast removed at the 8 day mark. The doctor said my results look amazing but I'm worried that the tip looks too thin for what I want it to look like. I have an oval face so I am worried it will look too long with too thin a tip. I have very thick skin, so I am hoping some of it will grow back underneath so it doesn't look so "worked on". Are the results I have today what I am stuck with? Or will it soften?

Final Results 10 Days after Rhinoplasty

+3

It is impossible to evaluate your results 10 days after a rhinoplasty. Your nose will change dramatically over the next 2 months and then gradually over the the following 8-10 months.

Too soon to tell

+2

I am considering publishing a paper showing how noses change the first year after surgery and even after that.. Wait, patience...This is a question which would be reasonable after 6 months of surgery

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Rhinoplasty at 8 days

+2

At 8 days, all bets are off as to how it will look after the tissues soften and the swelling goes away.  Be patient.

Early appearance after rhinoplasty

+2

It is very common to be concerned about the "early" appearance of your nose after rhinoplasty surgery.  You are certainly in this period and can expect changes as your skin "settles" more.  We often counsel our patients that they need the "tincture of time" at this point and need to be patient as things will very likely change.  

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery needs time for the swelling to settle.

+2

Be patient.  At 10 days you are way to early for any assessment of the final outcome.  It is impossible on this partial front view to make an assessment of your nose and the early results.  Multiple images / full face would be needed.  At this stage, 10 days post op, the tip does not appear too thin.  In addition, you have some swelling in the entire nose which affects the apparent results.  As I'm sure your surgeon warned you, "thick skin" patients cannot get the same degree of thinning / definition that their "thin skin" patients get.  Time will reveal the final correction.  Dr. Scott Barr

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Base of the nose can be made too narrow after rhinoplasty.

+2

Hi.

It looks like your nostrils were brought too close together.  But be optimistic and wait, because nothing can be done for at least six months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Results not final after only 10 days from rhinoplasty surgery

+2

You're very early in the healing process so I'd would wait to give your nose time to heal. I don't get the impression of a too thin nose at this stage, but it's hard to say without seeing your entire face.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Thin tip

+2

At only 10 days after the operation your nose will be generally swollen, including the tip.  It will take a full year to see the final result.  Keep your regular followups with your surgeon.

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are These my Final Results? 10 Days Post Rhino, And Nose Tip Is Too Thin.

+2

Only 10 days! and a very unhelpful photo without the FULL face in the picture. It looks great of what is shown. If not happy after 3 months than complain now allow healing top occur.  

Results At 10 Days After Surgery

+1

Based on your photo, you sure do have the typical thick oily skin that will delay your recovery so you will be looking at about 16 months for final results to get established.

Currently at 10 days post-op, it is impossible to predict how your nose will look like at the end of the road; swelling is shown and after the cast is removed some patients will express an increase in the swelling that will plateau before it starts to subside.

I encourage you to be a little more patient and to keep your surgeon in the loo of your recovery process while following his/her instructions religiously. Please be aware that nasal trauma at this point could have detrimental effects over your end results.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS