Have I Got my Final Result?

I am just over 4 months post-op Rhinoplasty where I had my bones broken and straightened. I am not happy with my result and I have read on here that I will not see the final result up untill over a years post-op. Is this true? How different will it look from 4 months post-op to a 12months+?

Hello

+1

.

Yes, it does take 1 year to see final results. You are still swollen, without a picture or exam it’s hard to say how it will change

Not happy post rhinoplasty

+1

The question really is:  What about your nose are you unhappy with?  If it feels just too broad or swollen, then that will settle much more than a 4 month result.  If it's a different concern, then a reduction in swelling might not correct it.

It might be worth posting a picture explaining the nature of your concern.  And I recommend talking about your concerns with your surgeon who will be able to guide you as to what to expect.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and result

+1

Yes, it can take up to a year for the swelling to completely go away and the nose to soften.  Good luck.

Final Result??

+1

No, the final result from most Rhinoplasty’s can take as long as 6 months to a year to visualize depending upon the extent of the procedure. Often the initial result is appealing to the patient and only improves with time. May I suggest you write down your concerns and return to your surgeon and ask them to address each of them. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months

+1

Hi.

Of course you should not do anything for several more months, but if you are not happy now, I doubt things will improve significantly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Final result after Nose job

+1

Yes this is true that it takes up to one year for the final shape of the nose to appear after Rhinioplasty. At 4 months some patience is a good advise already given to you.I hope finally you get the result that you are looking for.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Appearance 4 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose will continue to change up to one year after rhinoplasty surgery. At 4 months you must be patient before deciding if a revision will be necessary to meet your expectations. Your surgeon is the best person to answer your questions but a second opinion might be appropriate for you as healing progresses.

Post Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

Dear Daniel,

Recovery from rhinoplasty surgery does take an entire year to heal. However, with that said typically around 70% of the swelling in the average patient has reduced in the first few months of recovery. The remaining 30% percent of swelling is usually dissipating in the tip area which is the final refinement of the recovery. The degree of swelling does depend on your skin type, thickness, ethnicity etc. I would suggest discussing this with your surgeon as he/she under  direct examination will be able to determine the approximate amount of swelling you have left and where you personally stand in the recovery phase. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD