My Fiancé Needed Stitches on Her Face June 28 2013(wedding in October)can We Do Laser Scar Treatment?

We were in a car wreck June 2013. She required around 7 stitches starting between her eyebrows and going at a diagonal over her right eye. Our wedding is October 19, 2013. We're very worried about scarring for the short term and the long term. And are trying to research all the best options to minimizie all scarring, and the best we can do between now and the wedding. It's a thin red line w/ a few visible stitch holes. Is V-beam or any Laser scar treatment even an option before wedding?

Scar treatment with lasers for a laceration scar

+1

Yes intervention with lasers for scar reduction is indeed going to be helpful. The best approach would depend on the predominating features of the scar. Redness can be targeted and so can texture, or both. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist with advanced training in lasers as both of these technologies were developed by dermatologists at Harvard Medical School. 

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar Treatments

+1

Hi Nate.  We would need a picture to make a complete recommendation.  Once the stitches heal, if the scars is raised we would suggest Kenalog (steroid) to flatten it and if it is red we would suggest the Cynosure V-star to pull the redness out.  There is still time to do this as long as the scar is healed.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD