Can my Facial Asymmetry Be Corrected? (photo)

Hello, I've had facial asymmetry since I was born my mother tells me. However, I believe its either getting worse or I'm noticing it more. I would like to know if you can perhaps tell me why my face is asymmetric and if surgery is the only way to correct it. For instance is there perhaps muscle exercises I could do on my face to even it out? Or is the problem due to bone structure in my face? Some of you may say, "don't be silly you're fine", but that's not the case since I've been bullied alot.

Facial Asymmetry

+1

Your asymmetry, from the pictures, seems bony. There are a numberf of congenital problems that can give facial asymmetry. Most are a combination of bony and soft tissue. To determine what the problem is, and, thus, what can be done to correct it, you will need specialized X-Rays and an evaluation by a Plastic Surgeon specializing in Cranoifacial Surgery. Go to PlasticSurgery.org and search for a craniofacial surgeon.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.