Could my Facelieft 8 Years Ago Be Causing my Headaches?

I have developed a headache right where my facelift surgery was done 8 years ago. It feels like a tight rubber band around my head. Could this be the result of my facelift?

Headaches Caused by Facelift 8 Years Ago

+1

If the headaches have a recent onset, a facelift 8 years ago would be an unlikely trigger.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Facelift cause headaches 8 years later unlikely.

+1

It is very unlikely that your facelift surgery done 8 years ago is the cause of your headache. You should consider seeing a doctor in that area, such as your primary physician or a neurologist, who can help you better determine the cause of your headache.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Problems years later probably not caused by facelift

+1

Although anything is possible, it would be highly unlikely your headache is caused by your facelift 8 yrs ago.. Most problems show themselves in the early postoperative period, not late like this. I would see a headache specialist - typically a neurologist that can sort out the cause for you.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Could my Facelieft 8 Yrs Ago Be Causing my Headaches?Answr

+1

I would think only if it started right after your surgery ....and you have had it for 8 years...Then I might be suspicious...But if not, I like the other doctors, cannot imagine how they would be related....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Unlikely the Face Lift from 8 years ago is causing headaches however, if a permanent suture or thread was used for suspension purposes, this may be causing localized tenderness.  This should be discussed with the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Face Lift.

Face lifts and headache

+1

Very unlikely. 

• Face lifts can cause headaches - soon after surgery.
  • Eight years later - look for another explanation.

From your description - your headache is most likely from muscle spasm. 
But whether it is from muscle spasm or some other cause, it needs to be figured out.

I recommend you see you regular doctor and if a cause isn't obvious and the headache severe, see a neurologist.  Good luck!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Facelift and headache

+1

It is hard for me to conceive how a facelift done 8 years ago would contribute to headaches that you are currently experiencing. There are numerous causes of headaches, most benign, some not. I would visit with you primary care physician and consider a neurology visit to further evaluate your headaches.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Headache after a Facelift

+1

Headaches are among the hardest symptoms to find a cause for. It is very unlikely to me, that a headache that you developed recently could be related to a procedure done so long ago. I would see a Neurologist/internist.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Headache after Facelift

+1

I would recommend starting with your internist since it is unlikely that your symptoms have any correlation with your previous facelift.

Donald Griffin, MD

Headache eight years after facelift

+1
Headache can have very many causes, some serious, and sometimes can be difficult to treat. We have neurologists in our area that treat nothing but patients with headache. A relationship to your facelift from eight years ago is very unlikely, and the best place to start is with your primary care physician.