My Face Feels Very Tight After Sculptra Touch Up 5 Weeks Ago, Why Is This?

I had a top up of 1 vial of sculptra after 18 months, it is now 5 weeks and my face is becomming so tight and getting so much volume, I also have this tingling feeling. I am so scared, have I had 1 vial too many.

Tight feeling after Sculptra

+1

It would help to know how many vials you had initially before the touch up 18 months after, as this would make it possible to determine whether or not too much was injected.  Side effects of Sculptra may include the following:

1) Lumps, or "nodules."
2) Redness or swelling at the injection site
3) Bruising
4) Itching

The volume you experience after Sculptra injection is due to the water that is mixed in the solution, and is temporary.  This increase in volume is usually experienced right after the injections, and will have subsided by the 5 week time period.  At this time, the active ingredient will have taken effect and new collagen growth is in progress.  I would recommend speaking with your physician who performed the injections regarding the side effects you are experiencing, as he/she knows the details of your initial procedure. Thanks and I hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-fillers/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tightness in face after Sculptra

+1

It is difficult to say why you are experiencing feelings of tightness and tingling.  In my experience Sculptra can certainly be over done, but that typically requires multiple sessions rather then just one.  If you are having concerns of tightness after a procedure the best thing to do is to contact your physician.  They will have a better understanding of your pretreatment condition and be able to examine for change. 

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon