Why is my face so swollen after Botox and Fillers 2 weeks later?

I had Botox on my forehead and in between my eyes 2 weeks ago. I also had filler injected on each side of my mouth to lift it a little and had my lips injected. Why is my face swollen and my eyelids are down over my eyes! I did go back to the doctor and she injected a little Botox under my brow to raise the skin back up over my eye, it has barley moved! How long is this going to last ? I look so bad!!

Facial Swelling and Droop after Botox

+1
Botox and Fillers can make you look incredible.  Unfortunately it sounds like you are having a terrible experience.  If in another two weeks the reaction has not resolved I would consult a board certified dermatologist with a  great deal of experience in Botox and injections to help correct the problem.  

Facial swelling after Botox

+1
  • Botox can bring the brow down. It will last as long as the Botox effect lasts.
  • It can also bring the eyelids down, if it is injected too close to the eyebrow.
  • There are eye drops that can partly reverse this, as you wait for Botox to wear off.
  • Your lips will swell after injections. This should subside in days - you may have had too much injected.
  • But neither the Botox nor the filler should make your entire face swell. 
  • If the swelling had not subsided or your doctor doesn't know what eyedrops to prescribe, see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Opthalmologist.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Effects of Botox

+1
You may have residual edema in the lips but this usually resolves at 1-2 weeks.  The eyelids being lower is a result of either the dose, placement or migration of the Botox.  Depending on these three things, is the length of time the relaxation remains.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD