My Face is Red, Scabby and Swollen After a Chemical Peel. Is This Normal or Should I Put Something on It

Scabby and Swollen After Chemical Peel

+1

Depending on the type and degree of chemical peel, it is very possible for the skin to become crusted (scabby) and swollen temporarily after a chemical peel. I recommend you consult with your physician to check the areas and for woundcare instructions.  Typically if there is crusting, I recommend a topical prescription-strength antibiotic ointment to those areas several time a day until resolving.  The key things are bland emolliation with a hydrating moisturizer such as Aquaphor ointment or Cetaphil lotion and gentle cleansing. Do not pick at crusted or peeling skin.  You may also need a light coristone lotion (from your doctor) to help relieve the itching and redness.