My Face is Obviously Assymetrical What Can I Do About It? (photo)

My facial asymmetry is not as subtle as everyone elses and it's lowering my self-esteem is there anything I can do? I'm 19 and have hyperthyroidism if that matters.

My Face is Obviously Assymetric What Can I Do About It?

+1

I would not recommend any surgery at this time for issues of asymmetry.  The degree is within normal limits.                                                                                                                                   Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                                Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

My Face is Obviously Assymetrical What Can I Do About It?

+1

Yes, from the photo provided your face is asymmetric but then so are most faces.  The asymmetry, as long as it's within normal limits...which yours is, does not dicate how handsome your face is perceived.  For men and women, facial beauty is dictated by the aesthetic shape of key facial beauty features that I have outlined in my book on the subject "What's Your Number...the Palmer Code".

Using those aesthetic guidelines, your chin could be augmented with a chin implant, the nose thinned with Rhinoplasty and the cheeks made more angular using a filler/cheek implants with micro-liposuction of the residual excess facial fat just below and medial to the cheeks.  I hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/ChinImplants.html

Identifying Areas of Facial Asymmetry

+1

To be helpful, you need to identify what YOU see as asymmetrical on your face. What changes to you think would be beneficial for improving facial symmetry? I always ask this question first as trying to address what bothers the patient is the most productive approach. Once that is known then I can determine for any type of surgery is possible for those facial concern(s).

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Your asymmetry is normal

+1

First of all, it is helpful for us to acknowledge that you do have some facial asymmetry. However, the important take home message from all the experts advice is this:  facial asymmetry is a normal phenomenon  AND that you notice it more than ANYBODY else.

Your asymmetry is not something that can or needs to be addressed very easily, and if you are at a point that you think that this thought is pervasive and you cannot stop thinking about it, then it may be time to consider some psychotherapy.

You are good looking guy, that should not worry about this minor asymmetry.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Consider a rhinoplasty

+1

Every face is asymmetric.   The biggest impact to your face would be to consider a rhinoplasty.  This would add symmetry and balance to your face. 

Assymetrical Face

+1

Everyone has assymetry from one side to the other. You might feel more aware of yours, but if you take a close look at others you will notice the exact same differences from one side to the other. You have handsome features which include your eyes and lips, I would focus on the positives and ignore the minor differences.

If this truly bothers you then it might be a good idea to talk to a pychologist to help you heal.

All The Best,

Dr. James Pietraszek

Just forget about it.

+1

Honestly you are going to be the only person to really be aware of this.  No one else will pay that much attention to these small differences.  We are all asymmetric to different degrees.  Now if you can't forget about it, the questions arise about how much this bothers you.  If you find yourself spending many hours a day thinking about, avoid social situations because you believe that others are making jokes or talking about your appearance, that would be abnormal and may represent some type of body dysmorphic disorder.  If that is the case, psychotherapy can be helpful to cope with these intrusive thoughts.