My Face is Flat and Asymmetrical. Could I Have Had Bells Palsy? (photo)

Hi, I am wondering if I could have had Bells Palsy and not known it? My face is assymetrical and my one eyelid droops down (my lips too). Looking back at pictures, it's seems to have been this way since my preteen days. Please look at my photo attached and let me know what would you recommend fill out my face and make it more symmetrical. Also, do facial exercises work to correct any of this?

Bell's Palsy

+1

It is impossible to tell from a static photo whether or not Bell’s palsy is indeed in place.  Facial nerve paralysis and Bell’s palsy need to be diagnosed with a formal consultation upon rest and animation to determine if there is a weakness in any of the 5 branches of the facial nerve.  Exercises will not correct any of this.

Best Treatment for Facial Asymmetry II

+1

Hi Muse,

Bell's Palsy results in paralysis or weakness of the facial muscles of expression.  If your muscles are moving, then you do not have Bell's Palsy.  It is common to have facial asymmetry.  After evaluating you, I would likely treat your asymmetry with Sculptra, a bio-stimulating injection that adds natural looking volume to balance the harmony of your face.  Feel free to contact our practice with any further questions or concerns.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Bell's Palsy?

+1

It is possible, however, it is difficult to assess because your face is tilted in the photo.  Everyone's face is asymmetrical between the two sides, but if it is true Bell's palsy leading to a facial paralysis-type picture, an in person consultation is highly recommended to address this condition.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you with this.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Flat face treatment.

+1

You would know if you had Bell's palsy since it is a very abrupt change. Cheek implants would give you what you are looking for I believe, but I would need to see you in person.