Why Are my Eyes Uneven, What Can Be Done? (photo)

I've noticed my right eye having a different shape than my left since I was around 4 years old, but 3-4 years ago I noticed an unevenness in my eyes. I've become really OCD about this, and have been taking pictures and videos to confirm/deny the unevenness. In some pictures it looks horrible, in some it doesn't look all that bad, and in the videos it isn't even noticeable. Why are my eyes uneven, and what can be done to fix them?

Uneven Eyes - What Surgery?

+1

No two sides of the face are symmetric, even in the "best looking" people.  I would not attempt to alter your face.

Orbital asymmetry

+1

This is a very common anatomic variant which I see very commonly. There is an underlying bony asymmetry of the eye sockets which makes the eye position, and the eyelids/brow asymmetric as well.
There is no easy fix to this. You would need major craniofacial bony reconstruction, that honestly is too much for the amount of improvement that you would get. Your asymmetry is likely only noticed by you, and maybe specialists like us, so I would recommend filing this "problem" away, as not a problem at all.

Almost every person has a facial asymmetry. That is norm rather than the exception.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon