My Eyes Are Uneven/different Sizes - Looking for an Opinion on the Cause/solution? (photo)

As is visible in the picture, my eyes are uneven - because it is so close up, it is not as noticeable as it is from a distance. I am wondering what this could possibly be caused from and if theres a solution to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Uneven Eyes

+1

In very asymmetric cases based upon a number of different causes and treatments, surgery may be indicated to help improve asymmetry.  In this particular case, surgery would likely not improve the asymmetry, but surgery has the potential to create additional problems.

Eyelid asymmetry is not uncommon

+1

Asymmetry of the eyes is very common and most likely the norm.  I would not suggest any surgical procedure as you will most likely make it worse.  On the other hand you have some very nice features to your orbital.  You have a nice position of your eyebrows with a nicely defined supratarsal crease.  There is a youthfulness of your eyes.   

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

Yes, your eyes are not mirror images of one another. Neither are mine. I don't see enough difference to warrant any intervention at all. Please try to stop worrying about it. No one else will notice this unless you point it out.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes.

+1

You do appear to have eyes that are uneven. That is the aperture of opening of the eye is smaller on your right compared to the left. This is perfectly normal as everyones' face is a little different when right and left sides are compared. Actually, mine are the same as yours.

There are some procedures that can be performed to change the appearance, but there will always be differences. It is likely much more noticeable to you than to others. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon