Will My Eyes Ever Be the Same Size Again? I'm 2 Weeks Post Canthopexy. (photo)

Hi I am 2 weeks post op Canthpexy,soof lift and fat grafting. I know it is early days but along with feeling low with my strange new face and different shaped eyes. I am really worried as one eye appears to be much smaller than the other?! Is this usual? will it correct itself? I am freaking out and having panic attacks. Unfortunately my ps is only in country the last week of every month and so far has not replied to my email.

Two Weeks Post Canthopexy.

+1

It is too early worry this early into healing process, as significant changes could still occur. Generally, one eye heals at a different rate than the other eye, so symmetry cannot be fairly judged until at least 4 – 6  months or longer  post surgery. A Canthopexy differs from a Canthoplasty in that the canthal  ligamentous attachement is  is usually tightened rather than cut and reinserted. Therefore it is likely it will be similar to appearance but more youthful in most cases.

Eye size after bleph/canthoplasty

+1

your eyes pre-op were too large in one sense in that you had excessive sceral show

that has been improved

overall you are likely off to a good start

out of curriosity was anything done to address the ptosis in the upper lids?

and its a little early to pass serious judgements

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery Results

+1

I think you will be fine.  I agree with Dr. Steinsapir that this is an nice early response.  Please give your results at least 3 months before critically reviewing it.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Give yourself permission to have an emotional response.

+1
You actually appear to have a nice early response to surgery. Asymmetric swelling probably account for most of the difference you are seeing. It is not uncommon to become clinically depressed while recovering from surgery. While typically these feeling are at there worst for just a few weeks after surgery, you might consider finding a therapist to discuss your feelings with to help you feel better while recovering from surgery.

Panic attacks! Will My Eyes Ever Be the Same Size Again?

+1

It is far too early to panic and I am sure your doctor will say the same thing.  I usually tell people that one eye ALWAYS heals at a different rate than the other so the symmetry cannot be fairly judged until 4-6 months after surgery.  Be patient and try not to panic.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon