My Eyes Are Smaller After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and although the bruising has gone my eyes look smaller than before. I did have the bridge narrowed and the hump removed but I thought it would make my eyes appear larger. I look very different at the moment and am very concerned. Will my eyes return to normal size again or has the rhinoplasty completely changed my face?

Eyes after rhinoplasty

+3

Rhinoplasty does not change your eye. You are still very early and likely have a fair amount of swelling along the sides of the nasal bone and osteotomy site which will make your eyes look smaller. You will see a big change in 2-4 weeks.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty does not change the eyes

+3

Rhinoplasty surgery only involves the nose. It does not change the eyes.  After a procedure there may be some bruising but this will in most cases resolve.  The rhinoplasty does alter the nose in relation to the face and this may cause perceptual changes in the eyes and other features.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty before and after

+3

Dear TC1234,

• It is still very early in the healing process
  • The swelling will go down around the bridge and eyes so that you should go back to the way your eyes looked before
  • In the end, a rhinoplasty will draw attention away from your nose and back to your eyes, please just be a little patient

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Eyes smaller after surgery?

+2

The appearance that your eyes are smaller may be the result of swelling which at two weeks would be expected. It will probably improve with time.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Eyes Smaller After Rhinoplasty

+1

The eyes may appear smaller due to swelling, but the eye size has not changed, most likely.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA