Why Do my Eyes Look Like This and What Surgery Can Be Perfomed to Fix Them? (photo)

Both my parents have normal eyes and don't have excessive skin. My mom used to be an alcoholic and my dad currently is, if that would have any factor. Why is wrong with my eyes and what surgery can be performed to fix this?

Youthful eyelids are "fuller"

+1

As appropriate for your age, you have full eyelids, that have a hint of "Asian look".

This is thought to be quite aesthetically pleasing to many, if not all people. The mistake many surgeons make is to equate fullness with age. This leads to surgery that ends up making a patients eyes quite hollow, especially as they age.

Now, in some younger patients with very full eyelids, and the inability to apply eye makeup, an extremely conservative removal of skin only, may give the desired look, without the risk of hollowing their eyelids. I have posted one such photo for you to look at.

I would personally recommend to have nothing done at this age, but if you have your heart set on this, I would recommend minimal skin removal only.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelids

+1

Your eyelids are full, youthful and natural.  I address many eyelids that have been hollowed out by surgery performed years ago.  Please think twice about any procedure that would hollow out your upper eyelids which could give you a gaunt older look, especially at a young age.

Robert Schwarcz, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Full upper eyelids

+1

You have  normal ,natural god-given full upper eyelids and eyes that many people would die for.They have the look of the most popular and successful models and actresses.

Yes they can easily be fixed to look a little or a lot different by a good artistic surgeon. But be very careful because changing the upper eyelid look makes a big difference in your overall face appearance that is not always  considered an improvement by the patient and their family and friends.Good luck if you choose to do it ! Show the surgeon pictures of how you want your eyes to look first.

Edward O. Terino, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon