My Eyes Hurt After Lower Bleph and Have Headaches. Will This Go Away?

my eyes and area around them ache also. i've had to take some left over pain meds to help. i'm just about 7 wks post op from lower bleph. my eyes look like racoons too. seems like the line between my lower lid and cheek is even worse now. i'm trying to be patient but am feeling very depressed. hard to look others in the eye because i'm embarassed. what can i do and will this improve.

Pain after blepharoplasty

+2
Pain in the lower eyelids and headaches seven weeks post blepharoplasty is not common. I would see a specialist and be examined to try and determine the cause of your discomfort. Lower lid blepharoplasty is typically a surgery that heals quickly and has limited post operative discomfort. Most pain associated with the surgery is swelling and bruising which is usually minimal after the first few days post surgery. Best regards!

Eyelid surgery

+1

Eyelid surgery is often not verypainful post-operatively. You should really be checked out by your doctor to make sure everything is OK.

It is completely abnormal to need narcotics for eye discomfort this late out.

+1

Among my patients, it is rare for them to require pain medications more than 24 or 28 hours after eyelid surgery unless they have a previous history of abusing prescription narcotic drugs.  I am not suggesting that is your issue.  What I am suggesting is that you need to be examined to determine why your eyes are bothering you.  If your surgeon is not prepared to examine your eyes (and may surgeons lack the specialized equipment, skills, knowledge and experience to perform this exam) you will need to see an oculoplastic surgeon for this assessment.  There can be a variety of reasons for eye discomfort out this late from surgery.  Speculating regarding what might be causing your issue is of no value to you.  You need to be properly examined, assessed and treated.