Is my Eyelid Hopeless or is There a Chance for Eyelid Revision?

I had an upper blepharoplasty in both eyelids in 2009 to fix my lash ptosis. The operation went well and the problem was fixed. My left eyelid returned to normal, however my right eyelid incision had a crease that was too high leaving significant asymmetry. This gave my right eyelid a "sausage look" or a surgical look. Doctors I have spoken to have told me it is very difficult to adjust. Is there any hope or do I just have to live with this? I know it is hard, but is there a chance?

Photos that include you eyes in the picture would be helpful

+1

Eyelid revision surgery, though complex, is possible. Every revision is different, just as every patient is different. So without actually seeing your photograph, it would be difficult to address you question accurately.

Repost your questions with photos.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

A picture would be very helpful.  In general, the eyelids can be revised to make you look more symmetric.  See an Oculoplastic surgeon with experience in eyelid revisions.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can eyelid crease be adjusted downward?

+1

The answer, in many cases, is YES, the eyelid crease CAN be symmetrized with the side you like by repositioning the (orbitopalpebral) crease downward.  The procedure is delicate, but accomplished in the office under local anesthesia, and recovery is quick.

Steve Laverson, MD

Chance for eyelid revision

+1

There is always a chance for revision but without a photo I don't think any surgeon can give you advice. However, until you are seen in consultation by a qualified surgeon my best advice is to remember that over time many of these problems gradually improve.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Of course there is a chance for revision.

+1

RBLas

A photo would be very helpful.  Essentially what you are describing is a fold/tarsal show asymmetry.  Lowering the crease is very difficult.  However, sometimes it is possible to lift the lid margin using levitator advancement.  This has the effect of decreasing tarsal platform show and increasing symmetry.  With a personal consultation or at least a photograph, it is very difficult if to know if this would be the right approach for you.

Eyelid question

+1

It is hard to give you advice about this without a clear visual.  A photograph might shed light into the exact issue that you are dealing with.  In general scar repositioning is difficult but there may be options for you but unfortunately without seeing the exact problem it is hard to give advice.
Thanks
Dr. Vasisht- South Jersey Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon