My Eyebrows Are Puffy After Eyelid Surgery It Has Been 3 Months What Should I Do?

Puffiness after eyelid surgery

+1

It is not uncommon to have prolongued swelling after eyelid surgery, even weeks to months out. But the swelling should improve with time. You may want to have an evaluation with your surgeon to see how things have been healing if you haven't recently. Pre and post photographs would be helpful. Good luck. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Puffy eyes 3 months after surgery

+1

I agree with the other surgeons here that swelling is common and expected after eyelid surgery. Patients react differently, and while some retain the puffiness longer than others, it usually gradually improves over time. It would be very helpful to see photos that show where the swelling is occurring.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+1

Preoperative and postoperative photos would be helpful as well as an exam to determine what may be occurring.                                                                                       Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                                                       Los Angeles, CA

Ebyebrow swelling after surgery

+1

It is not unusual for the whole eye area to be swollen after surgery.  With out photographs it is difficult to give you a definitive answer.  

A photograph would be very helpful.

+1

At three months after blepharoplasty, the puffiness is likely not related to swelling but rather something else.  What would that something be?  Having your photos or examining you would be very helpful.  However, the most likely explanation of what is going on is a fall in the eyebrow position after upper eyelid surgery.  Before surgery, heaviness on the eyelid platform stimulates the frontalis muscle to lift the forehead.  After surgery there is less fold hanging down on the eyelid platform and this incentive to lift the forehead diminishes.  This can cause the brows to relax down after surgery and some people interpret this to be swelling.

Puffy eyebrows following surgery

+1

if this is from an upper bleph  keep in mind that the surrounding areas can be swollen to some extent for up to 6 months .  puffy eyebrows are sign of youth so it might not be so bad anyhow

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon