Why Does my Eye Socket/orbit Stick out So Far? Is There Anything That Can Be Done? (photo)

It's hard to see in the photo but the bone below my eye kind of bulges out pretty far, its more noticeable further away. The bone above my eye also sticks out pretty far then to add to it.. I have puffy eyelids. I was just wondering if there's anything that can be done besides surgery. If not, what surgeries can be done? I perform multi MMA's so if I did get surgery would I still be able to continue doing mixed martial arts? I'm 19 and still growing, will my facial structure continue to change?

Fillers for eyelid/orbit contour problems

+1

Not sure if you have a problem looking at the photo.  Having said that, filler injections can help improve the contour irregularities around eyes/orbits. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bulging Bone Below Eye

+1

I recommend you see an oculoplastic surgeon for an examination to arrive at a diagnosis before you consider various treatments.  You can find a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery on their website, ASOPRS(dot)org.

I can't give you a diagnosis based on one photograph.  If you ever suffered an orbital fracture, one possibility is that the eye in question could sit further back in the eye socket.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon