Will my Eye Bruises and Deep Lines Under Eyes Improve, or Will the Scars at Sides Tighten and Make Lines Deeper? (photo)

Hi, I had lower blephs 17 days ago with coleman fat transfer. When I came round from the op, my face was badly swollen and bleeding from eyes wounds. The surgeon injected 5 cc of fat on left and right of nasal labial, and 3 cc at sides of eyes. Am shocked me as I never asked for fatter cheeks, I thought he'd be moving under eye fat only. I have deep scars at side of eyes and ugly deep line/folds under eyes. Also, my right eye corner has a bubble on sclera. Very depressing and scary.

Will my Eye Bruises and Deep Lines Under Eyes Improve, or Will the Scars at Sides Tighten and Make Lines Deeper?

+2

Sorry for you what appears as normal healing time, that you did not fully understand. It is very important you should have fully understood exactly what procedures you were having and exactly where, and the healing time from your pre operative visit. Now you have to allow the process to continue. 

Good surgeons make a plan and stick to it.

+2

There should be very few surprise at an eyelid surgery.  These are cosmetic procedures not reconstructive.  In a reconstructive situation, surprises do happen.  Why do surgeons exceed their consent?: Narcissism.  Not saying that justifies it.  Having said that, the amount of fat volume placed is very small.  As you heal, much of this fat will go away.  I think you have every right to be pissed at the surgeon.  However, that is not the same as being harmed by what was done.  Unfortunately it does suggest that he or she is not trust worthy and that there is a lack of judgement.  Try to let yourself heal.  If you need to, consider getting one or two second opinions.

+1
I’m sorry you had a bad experience. Generally, you can expect some swelling after eye lid surgery and fat transfer. This should resolve with time. If you haven’t already done so, I suggest you consult with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. Best of luck.

Stephen P. Smith, Jr., MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon