Are my Expectations Unrealistic? (photo)

I am 29, 5'6", 115 lbs., mother of 3. My right breast droops quite a bit and the nipple has become misshapen. I'm open to a lift and a reduction of my aereola to fix this. I would also like to achieve round, full, perky breasts. I have attached pictures of myself as well as photos similar to the look I'm hoping to achieve. Is my desired look completely unrealistic? Are my breasts likely to remain asymmetrical? My 1st consult is in a month.

Having healthy expectations in #breastaugmentation surgery

+3

Thank you for your question and the pictures.  The asymmetry you have is extremely common; "the 2 sides of our body are sisters, not twins".  And I agree, you have maintained a very good physique after 3 pregnancies.  I think your expectations are healthy.  A periareolar reduction on the right areola may be done and this will give you a slight lift in addition to the implantation.  I don't believe you need the vertical scar of a formal mastopexy.  Your board-certified #plasticsurgeon will measure the width and height of your breasts and will guide you in choosing the right implants, right size and procedure.  See the attached link to my discussion on #breastimplants.  Good luck!   Dr. Marc DuPere, Board-certified Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for asymmetrical breasts

+2

You should be congratulated for taking care of your physique after 3 childbirths. Pregnancy and childbirth are the number one cause for cosmetic imperfection of the body and breasts, whether you nursed your children or not. You need to be aware that 90% of women have asymmetries in their breasts due to differences in location, nipple-areola size, rotation, projection and  positioning. The asymmetry seen in the pictures is relatively slight and would be even less visible with breast augmentation. The pictures are not adequate to go in depth regarding your areolar size and contraction, as you can see in the frontal view that left areola was more contracted compared to the right one when the picture was taken. Based on this limited information, I would say your expectations are not unrealistic and you should expect better than average result.  I hope you find this helpful but you definitely have to interact with your treating physician to assure that all your questions are answered and then your expectations will be truly realistic.

Sherif M. Khattab, MD
Torrance Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+2

Thank you for the question. You are making good decisions by starting early and getting ideas of what is available. Continue with a few consults from board certified plastic surgeons in your area. They will help you with your goal. Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+2

I think your expectations are realistic and I believe you should be able to achieve fairly symmetric breasts.  You most likely will require a reduction in the size of your right areola which would also lift your breast.  Once your breast width is measured by your plastic surgeon, you should be able to determine an appropriate size implant.

Lawrence Enisman, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Expectations with Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I like the way you are going about things. Choosing goal pictures and wondering about realistic  expectations is a good place to start. Generally speaking, I also think that you are starting at a good place when it comes to your breast exam,  and that it is very likely that you will achieve a very nice outcome. As you say, a limited breast lift on your right side may help improve symmetry. Of course, absolute symmetry  should not be expected.

Otherwise, I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and communicate your goals as you have done here.

Are my Expectations Unrealistic

+2

No, I think your expectations can be met. To get the symmetry that you want you will need to consider a lift on the right breast, in addition to implants in both breasts.  The lift will align the nipples and areolas in position and in size, and reduce some of the excess skin on the right. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Realistic expectations

+1

Hello. Your expectations are not unrealistic and the chances you have of increasing symmetry are great because you are open to a lift if needed. Since your nipples are not below your inframammary fold you may not need a mastopexy but it is hard to give to much information based on pictures alone. Your consultation will answer many more of your questions. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast issues and implants

+1

Base solely on your photos, you may only need implants to get the shape that you want. A small lift of the areola may be necessary if on closer inspection they look low.

Breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  From your self photos and the examples you have provided, you have selected a full look that is not out of the range of what can be accomplished for you.  All women have asymmetries in their breasts.  There is no such thing as identical breasts.  Small differences can be corrected during surgery with a small lift, different size implants, removal of some breast tissue from a larger breast, etc.  Making sure you have realistic goals is very important, and you do.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and I'm certain your will end up with your desired look.  

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift/Areolar Reduction

+1

A breast augmentation and right sided breast lift with areolar reduction can achieve results similar to those posted.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA