What Should my Expectations Be with Tip Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have a nose that has a crease in the middle of the tip, i call it a butt nose.. I not really concerned about the size of the tip i just want to get rid of the crease.. i have read online about tip rhinoplasty and fillers and have decided tip rhinoplasty is probably my best option.. My reason for posting is to get realistic expectations from surgery.. Should i expect the crease to be gone completely? Thanks for any and all answers..

Expectations for a tip Rhinoplasty

+1

I think you should get a marked improvement from a variety of techniques. Placing a small graft over the tip cartilages would cover the cleft between them.  It will add slight increase in projection, that may or may not be desirable.  This could be performed by an open or closed technique.  With an open technique the cartilages could be modified and just suture together to eliminate the cleft, but would make the tip a little narrower.  Have a consultation with an experience plastic surgeon would be where to start. 

Expectations for Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Normally a tip rhinoplasty does not involve breaking down and the most common complications are after removing the cartilage in the tip of the nose. There can be some spicules or cartilage left over that stick up and little bumps under the skin that one has to go back and remove at a later date. Other than that it is usually a non-complicated positive surgery for the patient.

John S. Poser, MD

A Split Tip Fixed By Rhinoplasty

+1

Bringing the cartilages together at the tip of your nose accomplishes the results you are looking for.

I encourage you to schedule a consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience in Rhinoplasty who will help you decide on what is best for you.

Thank you for your inquiry and best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Expectations for Correction of Bifid Nasal Tip

+1

It is reasonable to expect elimination of the crease between the cartilages of your nasal tip. As always, I recommend that you see an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. 

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

My experience is a very good one with this type of surgical repair. The cartilage may be sutured together with fine sutures. I have photos of such a result pre and postop. See photo #9 and 10 on my website under pre and postop photos- nose. Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

If this is the only thing that bothers you, then some injectible filler can be done.  You have both temporary and permanent options, so it is best to start with a temporary one that will last a year or so and if you like the results, you can opt for the permanent filler.  A rhinoplasty can also be done to adjust the shapes of the cartilages if you would prefer surgery.  It is up to you and your plastic surgeon to decide.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon would definitely help answer your questions more specifically and set realistic expectations.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Expectations after tip plasty

+1

I am sure this depression can be removed completely although the image provided is not of very good quality.

If filler would have been a choice by the patient there is no need for tip plasty.It can be done even at this stage .But that is not a permanent solution.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

What Should my Expectations Be with Tip Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes a tip rhinoplasty should improve the crease effect. But you could add a filler after a few months of healing if not completely satisfied. BTW the posted photo was of very liitle help due to shadowing. 

Expectations For a Tip Rhinoplasty Should Be High

+1

A rhinoplasty done by a skilled surgeon should be able to get the crease to go away completely. The result would likely be better (and obviously much longer lasting) than with a filler. During a rhinoplasty, the tip cartilages can be reshaped and then sutured in a way to give a nice smooth tip without a crease. In general, rhinoplasty surgery is the most difficult of all the facial plastic procedures, so make sure and choose a surgeon with a lot of rhinoplasty experience. Good Luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty will fix your butt nose.

+1

A tip rhinoplasty is exactly what you need.  The abnormally shaped and located cartilages can be remodeled to to give you a normal tip.  If the existing cartilages do not cooperate then a cartilage graft can be used to give your tip a nice appearance.  Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon and you should do great.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon