Are my Expectations Possible for Breast Size/Look? (photo)

I can wear either a 36c or 38c bra. I have sagging breasts, light skin color, and larger very light areolas. I have viewed thousands of before and after and have not found anyone with my before shape, so I am unsure if my expectations are realistic or achievable. I am providing photos of my breasts now, and a photo of what breast shape and areola size I would like to be. I want to remain at least a C cup but am fine going to a D cup or slightly larger. Is this shape possible?

What is the best operation to improve the look of sagging breasts?

+2

Sorry to be blunt, but personally, I think that the last thing you should have are implants! Your breasts are ptotic (droopy), you have thin skin (as evidenced by your stretch marks) and large areolae. A breast implant will only worsen all of these features - it will weigh down your breasts (implants are heavy!), make your skin worse and stretch your areolae to make them even bigger.

You are not small breasted, and therefore I think the best option for you would be a mastopexy (breast lift) - this will improve your shape, reduce your areola size, and lift your breasts.

Whatever you choose to do should be a decision that gives you the best result for as long as possible. I do not think implants will do this.

I hope this is of some help.

London Plastic Surgeon

Ultimate Breast Lift is an alternative technique for lifting breasts without implants

+2

I invite you to view before and after photos on my profile. I use the Ultimate Breast Lift technique to lift breasts very similar to yours. The UBL internally reshapes your breast into a cone and permanently anchors it in place to minimize descent. No other technique can achieve this without placing a vertical (visible) scar. The UBL was developed using engineering principles to redisign a woman's breast without weakening the lift by placing an incision at the point of maximum tension. I performed the anchor and vertical lifts for many years with unsatisfactory results for my patients and myself. The vertical scar often leads to dehisence (wound separation) and eventual 'bottoming out' of implant when added. Vertical lifts are architecturally weaker and no longer the only option for women like yourself. Do your research. This is a great start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Different opinion for your goals

+2

Well, I hate to do anything to confuse you but I differ from some of the other answers. It mostly has to do with whether or not you want or even need an implant. You definitely need the lift. First, if you are happy with the size of your breast, but just unhappy with the shape, than all you need is a lift. Your breast will be made only slightly smaller (less than a half cup size) with just the lift. Adding an implant only adds size, maybe a little more fullness, and definitely weight, which over time can cause further sagging. Also, the larger an implant that you use, the larger the breast, and the less skin will be able to be removed. In your case this is an issue because of how large your areolas are. My recommendation - go for just a lift first. Get your breast shape set and as close as possible to your photo goal. This way more of the areolar skin will be able to be removed and the result will be more predictable. Then, later, if you still feel like your breasts are not large enough you can return for augmentation. Just another way of looking at things. 

Ronald Schuster, MD

Realistic Expectations for Breast Lift with Implants

+2

Based on the photos, you should have a good discussion with a Board Certified plastic surgeon to understand what is, and is not, possible. A breast lift would be a good start with a small implant. However, a large implant may cause your breasts to lose the lift and look worse and the stretching may make the areolas have wide scars. It is sometimes better to accept some limitations from a surgical procedure than take the risk of making things look worse. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breastlift and augmentation.

+2

Your desired outcome is realistic.  It would require a breast lift and augmentation. The lift would address the areola size and raise the position of the breast.  The augmentation would give you breast better overall shape and contour, in addition to volume.  The only thing to keep in mind is that you will have a visible scar associated with a lift which of course is not present in the photo of your desired outcome. 

Ramin Behmand, MD

To achieve the desired look you would need an implant and a lift

+2
your pictures show breasts that have nipples pointing downward.  To achieve the look in the picture on the left side you would need a lift to reposition your nipples and to make them smaller.  You would also need a relatively large and wide implant to create that appearance.  Ultimately, however, you need to understand that the final look of your breasts is determined not only by the implant used but also by your natural breast tissue.  If you have a lot of glandular breast tissue, this tissue maintains its shape (does not remould itself).  This would be something to discuss with your plastic surgeon so that you fully understand what to expect.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Realistic Breast Expectations

+2

From your photos, it does appear that you can make significant changes to your breasts currently, but this will require a lift in addition to the implant. I assume that you mentioning saggy breasts, you are prepared for the possibility of a lift. Achieving a "natural" result is still very possible and something you need to discuss in detail with your surgeon. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Great Expectations

+2

Thank you for your questions and photos.  It appears that your left breast is larger and hangs lower.  Your areolas are larger than your "desired" photo and point downward.  Therefore, you can get close to the result you want, but it will require a breast lift as well as implants.  As far as the type of lift you need, the bare minimum would be a peri-areolar ("donut") mastopexy, but this would be determined during a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with lifts.  If you look on my website in the before/after photos of "breast lifts", you'll see some women similar to you that had these procedures done.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift will reshape your breasts, breast implants will add volume

+1

If you like your current breast volume a breast lift alone can be performed to shape what you currently have.  You will not achieve the upper pole volume that an implant can add so if this is also important than a small implant will also be helpful.  No two peoples breasts are alike so although you may not achieve exactly the breasts that you have shown in the photo I think there is potential there for a nice result.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Can I acheive these Breasts?

+1

Great question and if you read the answers there are lots of different opinions. I think that your ideal breast photo is a more natural look that can not be exactly recreated but I do believe that using a lift and an appropriate implant will get you awfully close. Good luck and visit with a BC PS for the best results.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon