My Existing Asymmetry Was Not Corrected with Breast Lift/augmentation Surgery, Will It Even Out? (photo)

My surgeon stated that my left breast was 2cm lower than the right breast and was larger. He gave me a lift and put a 330cc filled to 350cc implant on the left and a 350cc filled to 390cc on the right to attempt to correct the asymmetry but it is still noticeable 2 weeks post op. After reading many sites I wonder why he did not do an anchor incision to correct the asymmetry of my inframammary fold. If this problem does not correct itself can it be fixed and is it as invasive as the original.

Revisions after augmentation-mastopexy

+1

Based on your photo, you appear to have a very nice result. Everybody is asymmetric before surgery, and everybody is asymmetric after surgery.  While surgery can sometimes improve asymmetries, it can never completely correct them. 

It takes at least 6 months for your breasts to completely heal after a breast augmentation and at least 6-12 months to completely heal after a breast augmentation with a lift. So you won't see your final result for at least 6 more months, probably longer.

I wouldn't even start thinking about a revision for at least 6 more months. At that point in time, you can visit with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns. I hope that helps.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Asymetry

+1

you have a very nice result. my guess is he did not want to do an anchor because he wanted to minimize scar.  wait six months and discuss your options with your surgeon.  the need for revisional surgery after your operation is about 35% so touch ups are not unusual.  remember, they are sisters not twins!

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Your breasts look pretty good but I do see the asymmetry.  Waiting a few months for the swelling to subside will help and then if you are still bothered by it, a revision maybe with a small "T" on the left may help.

Residual breast asymmetry can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

You have a pretty good result.  Leave things alone for six months.  If you are still bothered then, a simple skin revision can be done to make the nipples symmetrical and to shorten the left vertical scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Unfortunately, one of your arms is raised making even evaluation of the picture ( for symmetry)  difficult. Overall, it appears to me the other very nice result after breast orientation/mastopexy surgery. I'm sure you are aware that absolute symmetry of the breasts  may never be achievable. Realistic expectations are always very important.

I  would suggest you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and communicate your concerns with him,  understanding the need for realistic expectations.  I would wait at least 6 months before evaluating the end results of surgery. Generally, if revisionary surgery is necessary/beneficial  it can be done with significant less recovery etc. compared to the initial augmentation mastopexy procedure ( although this does vary depending on the exact procedure performed).