My ear is flat and uneven. What can I do to fix it?

When i was really young, i had multiple surgeries on my left ear to remove a cholesteatoma and later reconstruct it. Since then, i've grown up and began to notice my ears are uneven. My left (surgically altered) ear is flat to my head, while my right protrudes the normal amount. Does anyone know why this might be, and what can be done about it? Thanks.

OTOPLASTY CANDIDATE?

+1
There are a number of factors that could account for the asymmetry between the two ears -- soft tissue removal during the cholesteatoma procedures, scar formation, and cartilage excision, to name a few.  Photographs are crucial, as well as consultation in person with an experienced surgeon.

Good luck!

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
If a plastic surgeon is to give his opinion on what can and should be changed on an ear, then he has to see the ear. Therefore, I ask you to kindly include some photos with your question.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon