How Can My Ear Be Fixed?

The picture above was taken at 6 weeks post op. At 18 weeks post op the doctor tried to make this side more presentable by moving the skin, I believe lower, under local anesthesia in his office. This really did not help with the lines and may have added excess skin to the bottom of the neck. Another problem he caused by doing this is that now my right ear is a 1/2 inch lower than the left. It is very noticeable to me. How can this be fixed?

Correcting ear lobe deformities after facelift surgery

+2

The photos don't allow for an assessment of symmetry, but most cases of earlobe asymmetry can be done in the office under local anesthesia. Widened scars, pixie ear deformities, pulled earlobes, differences in position can usually all be addressed in the office. Good luck.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Facelift dissatisfaction

+2

From this one photo, it appears that your right earlobe is somewhat detached. I can not tell if it is asymmetric without seeing a frontal view.This can be corrected under local. The more important concern is the area underneath your chin. Most likely this would have to be revised so that the neck has a cleaner and more rejuvenated look ( lower lift revision) . As always, I would first discuss this with your surgeon. If he or she is not agreeable then I would see another experienced face lift surgeon.

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Can My Ear Be Fixed?

+1

Comparison to the other ear will be necessary to answer the question. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Earlobe Deformity after Facelift

+1

Generally earlobe deformities after a facelift can be improved by either a small procedure under a local anesthetic up to a partial redo of the facelift depending on the extent of the earlobe problem. It is hard to tell based on this one picture how different this earlobe is from the other side and what needs to be done to improve it.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

How Can My Ear Be Fixed?

+1

Totally re do the complete operation! Best to seek other IN PERSON opinions from boarded PSs in your area.//

Ear position. Neck lift.

+1

Thank you for this question. It's a little hard to see the whole issue as the other ear and pre-procedure pictures are not available for comparison. Options do exist to improve your concerns. See your board certified plastic surgeon and see what he/she says. Good luck.

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Ear Lobe Malposition After Neck Lift

+1

It is difficult to assess the ear lobe position in the current picture. From the pictures it does appear you still have a moderate degree of sagging and laxity of the skin in the neck. In order to better evaluate your situation, I would suggest an in person consultation to examine your face. I suggest you follow up with a board certified facial plastic/plastic surgeon specializing in facelift surgery and revision. Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon