Dr. Used the Natrelle 240 Gr Cohesive Silicone Gel Texturized Full Projection Implants I Wanted a Natural Look but Dont? (photo)

I breast fed 3 babies was 32 a cup and wanted a 32 b cup natural looking. doctor suggested the 240 g implants for my body. my breast look good in symetry and size it is ok. still swollen. dont loved them but the depressing and anxiety is they dont look natural at all. my upper pole is huge and i hate them.. i cry all day all night , cant sleep want them off but i am afrraid my breast will never be the same. i used to like my old ones just wanted a refill that i lost with the breast feed :(

Natural Look After Breast Augmentation

+3

Dear Sadbubbie,

How fast the swelling resolves in every woman's breasts and the tissues adapt to the new breast volume is highly variable.  From your photos, it appears your surgery has been very recent meaning that your breasts have not had enough time to relax and stretch to fit the implant size and shape.  This should happen over the next few weeks to a month or so since every woman's breasts move at their own pace and speed.  Once this occurs, the fullness in the upper breast most likely will decrease and the tissues will lose their "surgical"appearance.  

While it is normal to be a bit depressed right after surgery since everyone wants to see the "final look" of their new breasts right away but this takes time. If you are having difficulty with getting through the process, please contact your plastic surgeon's office who should be able to help you through this transition period.  One suggestion that has been very helpful for patients is the ability to talk with other women who have gone through this post-surgical process and can offer you the support and reassurance you are looking for.  Best of luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with implants

+2

It appears that you still have resolving bruising and swelling from the surgery. This indicates that you still have swelling and your breasts will change over time. From your description, you have very narrow implants and the full projection creates a fuller upper pole. This, should soften with time and you can make a determination of what you want to do once 4-6 months have passed. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Implants and post-op look

+2

From your photos, it looks like you jsut had surgery.  Give it some time to settle down. After a few months they usually look more natural.

Upset after BA

+2

It looks like your surgery was very recent. The photos show that there is still bruising beneath your breasts which is usually gone by 2 weeks. If this is the case than please take a deep breath and relax. it takes a good 4-6 weeks for your implants to "drop". It's also sometimes normal to go through a little period of depression after surgery. Try to get back into your previous routine and keep in touch with your surgeon. I suspect everything will be just fine.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Give time for implants to drop after recent surgery

+1

By looking at the pictures you still have bruising from your surgery so you are in the very early phase of your surgery. You need to wait at least 6 months for the implants to settle down in their position. Regarding the natural look there are two things that you describe that may create a less natural look. The first is the fact that you have a "full projection" which I believe is also known as a high profile implant. That type of implant is narrower and rounder and gives more fullness on top and may look less natural. The second is the fact that you have a textured implant which decreases its ability to move and creates  a more "stuck on" appearance. 

Try and relax and give things time to settle down!

Good luck! 

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon