My Dr Says my Lift Won't Produce a Good Outcome Without Implants. I'm a B and Happy That Size. How Much Volume Will I Lose?

How Much Volume Will I Lose?

+1

The amount of volume loss with a lift should be about a tablespoon full, about 15 cc., and not enough to make a noticeable volume change. If you are content with your size, I agree with avoiding implants. All the best. 

Implants not required if size is satisfactory...

+1

There are many lift techniques out there so investigate them thoroughly.  The best and most durable ones involved repositioning your tissue to a higher position.  And if they are saying they can do this without vertical scars, I suggest you get that in writing and have an understanding of what options you will have if the peri-areolar technique leaves you with less than satisfactory results and know what the revision policy is.  In my experience, the peri-areolar lifts (ie: Benelli) are very difficult for most surgeons to achieve good, long lasting results.  Good luck!

Curtis Wong, MD

Ultimate Breast Lift can be adjusted to preserve maximum breast tissue

+1

Hi MiamiMom,

There is a new series of lifting techniques called the Ultimate Breast Lift which can be individualized to a patient's specific needs. It was developed using engineering principles to design the ideal breast. This is not a cookie cutter procedure like your standard vertical scar lifting techniques. The UBL has completely eliminated the vertical scar which made the standard lifts inherently weak by placing the scar at the point of most tension. In your case preservation of all your existing breast tissue would be accomplished. Breasts are reshaped and held high on the chest by designing an internal cone and straps from your excess skin.I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Necessary to Achieve Goals? Discuss

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you worthwhile advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. It will be in your best interest to communicate your goals clearly with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. I prefer the use of goal pictures during this communication process. Additionally, examining you and discussing your goals in front of a full-length mirror can be very helpful.

For example, if a patient communicates that she wishes to have longer-term upper breast pole fullness/volume,  then breast implants may be indicated. Otherwise, this fullness may be difficult/impossible to achieve with breast lifting alone.

Again, careful/clear communication with your plastic surgeon will be of critical importance in deciding which operation will  best meet your goals.