My Doctor Told Me to Do High Profile 350 CC Silicone, Will That Give me Natural Looking Results?

im 5'0" 106 pounds very pettite ,my breast is 11.5 cm breast width and im not sure to go high profile 350 cc silicone.im looking for a natural results ,but i dont want to be small...help please!

High profile implants

+2

Selection of size and shape of breast implants is a highly individualized decision based on your size goals, desired appearance, and your natural anatomy.  Breast implant shapes, or profiles, vary from shaping the volume of fill from a wide-flat (low profile pancake) shape to a narrow-high (high profile igloo) shape, and shapes in between.  For a small framed woman who desires a larger volume, a high profile implant may be selected in order to fit appropriately on a narrow chest.  The final appearance of a high profile implant will typically appear more pushed-up, and less natural appearing.  If you desire a more subtle appearing breast augmentation, you might consider a slightly lower volume implant with a slightly wider base (moderate-plus profile). 

Dr. Skourtis

Natural Results With High Profile Implants

+2

Virtually anything high profile will not look natural. The bigger the implant or the smaller the breast, the more 'augmented' you will look as well.  You are going to have to come to terms with the limitations of breast augmentation, and that you can't necessarily have it both ways.

More importantly, you are probably not a good candidate for a 350cc implant because of your breast diameter and thin tissues. A physical exam would be helpful, but I would guess closer to 275, possibly 300 intermediate profile (moderate plus with Mentor, style 15 with Natrelle).  My guestimate is based on objective measurements you described and not your aesthetic goal; a true physical exam would allow real measurements of your anatomy to detemine the best implant. Utilizing an objective, reproducible system to determine implant size and profile will lower your risk of a complication that leads to re-operation from 25% to 3%.

You are asking for help, and we are giving it.  Will you take it?

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Will High Profile Give me Natural Looking Results?

+2

High profile implants rarely give as natural a look as the midprofile shapes. But you are so small framed that maybe that is what it will take to get the size you like. Sounds like you need another talk with the surgeon to figure it out.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Natural looking results

+1
Consider the dimensional breast augmentation technique. It is designed to consistently achieve the most natural–looking result so you won't look disproportionate or "plastic". It is a formula that is based on the measurements of your original, pre-surgery body contour and your desired outcome. It considers such variables as your height, weight, breast width, breast height, distance between nipple and breast fold, as well as your desired cup size to determine the most suitable implant size, type and specific surgical technique. Two different sized implants can be placed to achieve better asymmetry, and an implant with a more narrow base width may help address any sagging you may have.

Talk to your surgeon to find out if they do this.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Augmentation: large and natural look may not fit in the same bra.

+1

Thank you for your question and I appreciate your concern. 

You said that you are 5 ft, 106 lb with a BWD of 11.5 cm. This means that you are petite. The diameter of a 350 cc high profile gel implant is 11.7cm. High profile is about the only way to get a sizeable implant on your frame.

You said that you want a natural look but you don't want to be small.  To be completely honest, your statement is a contradiction in terms.  Women who are 5 ft, 106 lb do not "naturally" have really large breasts. If you went with the same implant diameter in a moderate plus projection, then the volume would be 275 cc at 11.7 cm in diameter. This would give you a more natural look, but it is a significantly smaller implant than the 350 cc.

So, you have to decide whether you want to go with a large high profile implant or go for a more natural look. Another option would be to go with 325 cc High Profile implant with a BWD of 11.4 cm but again, if you are concerned about size then this might not be as big as you want.

To finalize your decision, discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

High profile 350 cc implants

+1

The problem as I see it is starting from the cc's of volume and working backwards. The implant that fits you has a diameter that is just under the width of your breast and if you choose a high profile volume in that diameter, assuming your breast is fairly average width for your chest, the volume of the implant should make you look about two cup sizes larger and very projected compared to what you were. You then look up the number of cc's on the chart for implant sizes and types and find out how many cc's that is, not the other way around. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Natural Looking Result with High Profile Implants

+1

In my opinion, high profile implants do not give the most natural appearance.  They tend to give a more "torpedo" shape.  However, when a patient wants a large implant on a small chest, sometimes high profile is the only option. You may want to consider a smaller implant, which may allow you to use the moderate plus shape.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

"Natural" results

+1

A high profile implant doesn't give a "natural" look.  It gives a push-up bra type of look, with fullness and roundness up top.  If you like this look, then by all means, use a HP implant.

However, I suspect that, given your measurements, this HP implant will look somewhat obviously surgical, and not "natural".  You might want to re-size.

All the best!

Thomas Fiala, MD

What is a "natural" breast augmentation

+1

Very clearly, a HP augmentation on a petite frame will not look natural at all.  However, by using sizing implants you can preop decide how big you need to go to be happy even if it doesn't mean looking natural.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS