My Doctor Said the Most He Will Possibly Fit Will Be 300ccs?

I am 5'9'' and a have a wide chest. (I am 33A though overall.) I'm just curious as to why I can not have larger?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Selecting Implant Size

+1

Thank you for your question. I trust you are seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and if not, I suggest then you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.   Many factors go into selecting an implant size.  The larger they are, the greater stress on your shoulders and back.  If you are using a gel implant, then the incision needs to be bigger to fit it into the incision.  If you want an areolar incision, and have a small areolar, fitting a 500cc implant in a small incision is not easy. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants can be too large.

+1

I don't know why your plastic surgeon limit your size to 300. He certainly can explain this himself. Nevertheless, implants increase in diameter with volume and if that diameter exceeds the anatomic limits of the breast they can look artificial.

Larger implants unstable and displace

+1

If you are a 33 A each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  300 cc implants would take you up to a D.  The best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral.  In this position, they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  When placing larger implants, it is possibel that the muscle will extrude the implant inferiorly and laterally and you will need revision.  If size D is not what you desire then you must communicate that with your surgeon.  Larger implants can be placed but that does not mean they will be stable and you will need revisions.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size in tight chest skin

+1

Dear SSN,

One of the variables that we, as plastic surgeons, take into account when choosing breast implant sizes for our patients is envelope tissue characteristics.  It is possible that your plastic surgeon chose 300cc if you have very tight chest/breast skin.  I would recommend a second opinion for confirmation or contradiction of this fact.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Implant sizing

+1

When choosing a breast implant size, it can be a challenge to balance the patient's preferences with what is safe for the patient.  This begins with developing a comfortable rapport with your surgeon, so that they understand what you desire.  Some surgeons are uncomfortable with larger implants.  Some surgeons feel that "they know what's best for you".  I would meet with another surgeon.  If they agree with the first, then I would ask them to explain why a small implant is required.  Your choice should be important to your surgeon, and play a role in determining the ultimate implant size.  It's a decision that you should make together.  Good luck.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Maximum 300 cc's

+1

Taller people can carry larger implants.  If you don't like what your surgeon is telling you, get a second opinion.  Many offices will provide a free consultation/second opinion too so look for it.

Curtis Wong, MD

300 cc implants

+1

Some patients are very thin and have very narrow chest diameters. Without an exam, I can not say for sure.

I think you could go larger

+1

i believe you can tolerate a larger implant. you should get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

If you have a wide chest and are 5'9", it sounds like you can accommodate a much larger implant.  If you are not satisfied get a second opinion.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon