My Doctor Offers Both CoolSculpting and VASER Shape, How Do They Compare?

My doctor offers both CoolSculpting and VASER Shape, how do they compare?

CoolSculpting vs Vaser Shape

+1

Thank you for your question. Vasershape is an Ultrasound based device, and we are a big fan of this.  However, any external device does have disadvantages in that they are usually temporary, and for long term reduction of fat, we prefer the Vaser liposuction assist device coupled with the Power X fat removal system.  People pay thousands for temporary removal when a little more will provide long term removal. Be sure to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in fat removal techniques for the best and safest results. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq vs. Vaser liposuction

+1

Vaser is a form of liposuction, so that it can remove a signficant amount of fat, much more of a fat reduction is expected than compared to CoolSculpting which is non-invasive.  ONly about 20% of fat reduction is an average result four months after the CoolSculpting, and this can be repeated a few times, a few months apart.  Liposuction, whether the tumescent, power-assisted, laser-assisted, vaser, or water jet, all are invasive procedures that have more risk, but have a better chance to provide you the shape and contour you desire than Zeltiq's CoolSculpting if only done once, and even compred with a few treatments of CoolSculpting. There is virtually no down time with CoolSculpting but there is some with liposuction. Bruising can oocur with both, but is often more with liposuction. Soreness and tenderness can occur  with both. Infection, hematoma bleeding, seromas, and other complications which are very rare in liposuction are not known to occur after Zeltiq.

Ronald Shelton, MD