My doctor says my right breast is bottoming out as I didn't wear a supportive enough bra but I'm only 6 weeks post op (Photo)

I wore a tight fitting sports bra for the first five weeks and then went for my follow up. She said I should be wearing a push up bra with underwire because my implants are starting to bottom out. I under stand on the right one, it was dropping pretty low, but why is it my fault for not wearing a push up underwire bra. I was told not to by the other plastic surgeon. Does it look like I'm bottoming out to you?

Bottoming out?

+2
Thank you for your question and photos.  It does not look like you are bottoming out from your photos.  You did have a significant nipple asymmetry before surgery and you have the same asymmetry after surgery.  The IMF or bottom crease of your breasts seems relatively symmetric, which would go against bottoming out.   The nipple asymmetry can be fixed to create better harmony between the breasts.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Not bottoming out

+2
I agree with the previous posts that it is too soon for bottoming out.  In all likelihood this was positioned to improve the nipple position appearance.  I doubt the bra had anything to do with it.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out?

+2
Thanks for your pictures. I do not think that your implant is bottoming out. I think your implants have different  positions on your chest. This was probably done to center your implants beneath your nipples. Maybe the better initial solution would have been a periareola lift.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS 

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast surgery

+2

It looks like your left nipple was lower to start so your asymmetry is normal. You may have some minor bottoming out which may be related to the surgery technique,the size of the implants as larger implants weigh more and sag more or just the way things are healing. Over all it looks like a very reasonable result and I do not think it is your fault. You may try an under wire bra but do it may not do much. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

My doctor says my right breast is bottoming out as I didn't wear a supportive enough bra but I'm only 6 weeks post op

+1
You miss the point here. You were asymmetry to begin with... So the N/A complexes were not level from the get go... No you are not "bottoming"! Best to be seen IN PERSON pin second opinions to inform you of your options of future revision surgery.///