Should my Doctor Do Lipo With Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I had 2 children and lost 120 pounds. I am schedualed to get a tummy tuck in 8 days and I am unsure about it now that I am readying post on here. I need a lower body lift but I cannot afford it right now. My doc said that he will not do any lipo with it because the skin will still be there on my hips so I shouldn't waste my money and I can get the rest of the skin taken off when I get more money. Is he right? Will my TT look good without lipo? I am so scared I will be unhappy. :(

Tummy tuck with lipo.

+2

You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  I often perform lipo of the hip at the same time as a tummy tuck if needed. However, I think you will get a very nice result simply with the tummy tuck. Also the tummy tuck can always be converted to a bodylift at a later time of you desire.

Lipo with tummy tuck?

+2

While it is difficult to tell much from your photos, it seems to me you would benefit from judicious lipo in the hip roll area (muffin top).  You may also need circumferential skin removal, but doing this in 2 stages is not a bad idea.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Should my Doctor Do Lipo With Tummy Tuck?

+2

Even with posted photos without an in person examination very hard to advise. My guess is if you where my patient I would do at least a liter of liposuction. 

Should I get liposuction? (photos)

+2

You may be unhappy regardless of what is done.  After 120 lb. weight loss, there will likely always be one or several problem areas with excess redundant skin.  Go for improvement, not perfection. Improvements will be incremental, staged, achieved by mainenance of a healthy weight, fitness, and perhaps sequential procedures over the years to remove excess skin, allowing remaining skin to drape naturally over your beautiful body beneath.

Your surgeon is correct, liposuction is inappropriate.  Liposuction removes localized excess fat distributions.  Your problem is not excess fat, it is excess skin hanging from your body mass which has been deflated by mobilization of your previously present excess volume of fat.  Skin needs removal (in stages) to approach proportionality with underlying diminished fat, further fat removal will exacerbate your disproportion.

Relax, and ENJOY!  You've already surmounted the most difficult obstacle toward a better life by losing the weight!

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Liposuction at the Time of a Tummy Tuck

+2

Liposuction at the time of a tummy tuck can be done in  to blend the contour of areas adjacent to your abomen.  It is safe to do and can give an improved result.  Most people who have had a successful loss of a large amount of weight, like yourself,  get a better result with a lower body lift than a tummy tuck.  Your question sounds like a practical one rather than a medical one.  If you choose to skip the liposuction you can use that portion of your cost to save for surgery on your back and hips to complete the body lift.  If money is not a high priority in your decision then you can probably benefit from some liposuction at the time.  If you are certain you will eventually procedd with the flank and buttock lift then skip the lipo.

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Tummy tuck with or without lipo

+2

Thank you for the photos. Even though you lost a lot of weight, there are still areas that can be improved with liposuctuion at the time of your tummy tuck. I find that in my massive weight loss patients, there are still some back bra rolls and excess fat in the upper abdomen and waistline. I agree with you that a lower body lift would be best. Your thighs are large as well and reducing them with liposuction now, would be helpful for a lower body lift later. Good luck with your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Combined ultrasonic lypo compatible with TT

+2

congratulations for great succes  loosing 120 pounds it is a great achievement, you alredeay deserve a preety nice combined ultrasonic lypo with TT. yes it is possible in the hands of  a registrated, certified plastic, aesthetic, reconstructive surgeon asak at ASAPS and there you surely  will find  one nearest from your home , of course  you must fullfill  the whole requierements than surely you will be told

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with Tummy Tuck?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your significant weight loss. I agree with you that you will be better off with a lower body lift or extended tummy tuck operation.  Given your significant weight loss and probable loss of skin elasticity, it is very likely that your plastic surgeon is concerned about the ability of your skin to “bounce back” after any liposuctioning that is performed.  In other words, if  decreased skin elasticity is present (as is the case with most patients who have had significant weight loss), and liposuctioning is done,  you may end up with loose/irregular skin and an unsatisfactory aesthetic result.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Lipo With Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. Based on your description and photo, you may benefit from a tummy tuck with liposuction. An in person exam and consultation will be needed to confirm the recommendation.