My Doctor Gave Me a Compression Band, Will It Drop or Settle in to a Normal Positon?

I got gummy bear implants one week ago, and one side was always higher than the other. I was curently an A cup and my doctor used 350 cc of Silicon. He recognized one was a bit higher than one and he said it probably shifted a bit upward and he gave me a compression band to hold down the right side but it seems as it has moved higher and the side seems like it has gone in on the right side. I'm worried that there may be something wrong.

Hello

+2

Usually soon after surgery most implants do ride high the first few weeks. The muscle is in spasm and not letting the implant relax in its pocket. Wearing a breast band is what we give our patients and wearing it properly is very important. It has to be low on your back and right on top of your implants as tight as you can tolerate it. If you’re wearing it loose it will do nothing. They should drop into place if you’re following instructions. Make sure you follow up with your surgeon to assure yourself you’re doing things right.

Comression bands can help after augmentation

+1

The compression band will hold the implant down in the pocket and will help the implant settle in or drop. The settling depends on the lower breast envelope tightness, and often one side will have different start than the other. The gummy bear can be textured and resist the pressure of the band, and they are often anatomic which adds one dimension to the worry, but stick with the band and most of the time things work out.

Compression band to help settle a breast implant

+1

Compression bands are useful to help lower and settle breast implants post-operatively.  These bands help loosen up the lower pole of the pectoralis muscle.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast implants should look good right after surgery.

+1

Hi.

1)  As you can see there is a difference of opinions.  I think the goal is to have the patient's breasts look exactly look you want them before you finish the operation.  This is done by putting the operating table in a sitting position.

2)  Of course it has only been a week, so your best strategy is to be optimistic and wait several months.  But unfortunately my experience is that they probably will not even out on their own, and that you may need a revision.

3)  Compression bands certainly do no harm, so by all means try it.  But I honestly do not think they are effective.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Will My Implant Drop or Settle in to a Normal Positon?

+1

More than half of under the muscle implants, although they look properly positioned during surgery, look high afterwards, as the pectoral muscle, relaxed during the operation, contracts and displaces the fluid in the implant upward.

Compression bands, massage, and time resolves this in almost all patients. My expectation is one to three months.

Thank you for the question, best wishes.