What Should I Ask my Doctor at Consultation for Rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Going to a Rhinoplasty consultation with the Doctor I hope to have my surgery with next month. I need some advice on what to ask him and what I want changed on my nose. I would obviously like the hump shaved down to be straight and would like the nose made smaller in general. I am worried about the tip and the columella. At the minute the tip over projects and the columella is different on each side (hangs down on my left side). How will he fix my tip and columella and what should I ask him?

Rhinoplasty Consultation

Your posted photo does not reflect an obvious candidate for rhinoplasty. An in person consultation is necessary so a board certified plastic surgeon can perform an examination and understand your objectives. Consult with 3 -4 board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options. During this process, you should understand the surgeon's experience and expertise with rhinoplasty (including the number of rhinoplasty surgeries the surgeon has performed), review the photos of the work of the surgeon to understand both his/her technical skills and artistic talent, speak with him about his philosophy regarding rhinoplasty to ensure that he/she has the enthusiasm for the procedure, and ensure that the surgeon understands your objectives/goals.

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Your Rhinoplasty Consultation

At your consultation, computerized preview imaging may help you to visualize your improved facial and nasal appearance possibilities. Your Surgeon will be able to best advise you after seeing your case in person.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

707 W Eau Gallie Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32935

Rhinoplaty may not be indicated when you already have good looking nose.

Your pictures show an attractive nose.  So the things to focus on are your motivation, and what exactly you would like changed. You could easily end up looking worse afterwards.  So you should proceed with extreme caution and get several consultations.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Questions to ask During Rhinoplasty Consultation

There is an excellent, thorough answer to your question posted in the Rhinoplasty Forum section of RealSelf.  I will not repeat that advice in this response.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210