My Doctor Says This Can Change to Be Symmetrical; 1st Revision. Is This at All Normal? (photo)

rev. was to sew left pocket to move breast to center, and to fix cc in right. all scar tissue is gone in right, still feel ropes in left. doc. says 1 week post op this is what he expected to see! that they can become symmetrical with underwire bra pushing right up and left will drop. that seems not doable to me. i don't understand why i still have ropes of scar tissue in left, why he didn't take them out. they were new and slighly bigger silicone undermuscle implants. thanks.

Breasts Asymmetry after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

At this point, I think that is best to remember that you chose your plastic surgery for a reason; presumably you had confidence in his ability and counsel. I would suggest that you give him the benefit of the doubt given that he knows your situation and the exact operation performed much better than any online consultant can.

I would suggest continued follow-up with him. Time will tell if he is/was correct or further surgery may be necessary to improve the breast symmetry.

Best wishes

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Breast asymmetry

+1

It looks like from your per-op photos that your right breast was lower.  While  the revision may allow for your left to drop a bit, I doubt the right will go up in any way.

Can your breasts become symmetric post op?

+1

Based on your photos, it appears that you had some pre operative asymmetry with your right breast bigger than your left and your right breast fold lower than your left and your left nipple higher than your right.  Based on your last photo, it may be true that your left lower pole may relax more, but it is unlikely that your nipple asymmetry, or lower fold will improve with time and less likely that the right breast will be pushed up by a bra post op.  I would recommend that you review these issues with your plastic surgeon.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Several things have to happen to result in your breasts being symmetric

+1

In order fo a significant correction to occur in the symmetry of your breasts the lower breast will have to form a grade II capsule contracture pulling the breast up and your higher breast must relax significantly.  There is a good chance that your higher breast will relax to some degree but I must admit that it is hard to imagine both breasts changing in opposite direction to the right amount to result in acceptably symmetric breasts.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm

My Doctor Says This Can Change to Be Symmetrical; 1st Revision. Is This at All Normal?

+1

I must compliment you on your posting of photos and asking style of your issues. Unfortunately I do not agree with your surgeon. There are issues and you will need further operations after 3 to 6 months of healing. I'm so sorry.