My Doctor Used Cartilage from my Septum to Straighten Nasal Bones and I Don't Like How Straight the Bridge Looks?

can i get that cartilage removed? Will it look like my old bridge?

Cartilage grafts may be removed

+2

Your septal cartilage graft may be removed. I have revised noses in which such grafts were modified or removed. However, the result of removing the cartilage depends of the structure of the nose beneath the graft. Furthermore, if you have recently had surgery, you will likely want to wait at least a few months after surgery to allow for swelling to resolve and healing to proceed before a revision. Discuss this with your surgeon. Good luck.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Will your old nose be back after the grafts are removed?

+2

Your old nose is indeed hiding under there. If that wasn't raped or changed it should be somewhat like what you had. Then again if your surgeon altered the underlying framework who knows. This is a discussion you need to have with your surgeon

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Dorsal graft removal.

+1

I would need to see you or photos to give a proper answer-- otherwise it is a guess as to what you have and how to fix it. 

+1

Hi, these are two separate questions and issues.  The cartilage dorsal graft can be removed, modified and or replaced with another dorsal graft depending on the goal of that portion of the Rhinoplasty was.  After removing the septal dorsal graft, will the dorsum look like it did before the Rhinoplasty depends upon what was done to the nasal bridge during your Rhinoplasty.  If the bone was rasped, reduced and or the dorsal cartilage shaved then removing the septal cartilage graft would reveal that altered dorsal size and shape...the original one is gone, never to return.  You'd have to ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for specifics before that could be determined.

Removing Septal Cartilage Dorsal Graft

+1

Hi,

You can probably remove the septal graft. It is difficult to say what your nose would look like without seeing it. However, you can alter your nose anyway you like during the revision.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Cartilage on dorsum of nose

+1

If one removes the cartilage on the dorsum it certainly will affect the look. WIthout knowing what was done exactly it would be hard to predict. LIkely that the dorsum will not look the same.

Straight bridge

+1

Pictures would be helpful. You don't like the profile, or the front view, or both?

Depending what was done to the nose, you may or may not be able to get old shape back even if the cartilage is removed. 

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon