Should my Doctor Take Care of This at No Extra Cost to Me?

I already have double ballooning from iimplants that are three days old. My breast look worse now than they did when I arrived.

Double Bubble Deformity

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.  I'm sorry that you aren't pleased with the results of your breast augmentation.  It would be helpful if you could post pictures, both before and after, for surgeons to see what you mean by "double ballooning".  A post-op result at 3 days is still very early in the healing process, so don't give up hope.  Your implants may just need time to settle.  At your follow-up appointment you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon, along with his/her revision policy.  Best of luck!

Most plastic surgeons do not charge for revisions.

+1

It is impossible to say whether or not you even need a revision based on the information provided. However if there was some unwanted outcome from the operation most plastic surgeons would correct it at no further charge to the patient.

Double bubble just after surgery

+1

I think that you need to address this with your surgeon. I do not have access to your pre and post-op photos.  I will say in  most cased things do change a bit over the first few months for most patients.

Healing is dynamic

+1

and it takes time for your final results.  My concern is your quickness to pull the trigger that its your surgeon's fault.  You chose your surgeon on information you had.  Trust your surgeon to help you through this journey.  Your surgeon wants the best result as you do so keep your surgeon informed of your concerns and allow time to heal your wounds.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

Take a deep breathe and relax-the breasts tend to look very abnormal at only 3 days post op. You will need to wait 3-4 months for the swelling to go down and for the implants to drop. Re evaluate at that time. Regarding the possible charge for a complication, ask your PS.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble at 3 Days after Breast Augmentation

+1

Well you certainly need to discuss this with your surgeon at your next visit.  But 3 days is way to soon to judge final results. At 3 months you have a good sense of your results.  But it is usually best to avoid any decisions on revision of breast augmentation until 6 months minimum.  Good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Early Double Bubble Breast Implant Look

+1

Any concerns about your breast implant result are better addressed at three months after surgery and not just three days. Many breast implant patients will have an jnframammary fold crease that persists for a time after surgery until it stretches and largely goes away, particularly if the size of the implant warranted a lowering if the breast fold. Give your breasts a chance to heal and have the tissues accomodate to the immediate large stretch that has occurred from breast implant placement.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Unhappy after surgery

+1

It is way too early to tell what your result will be. You need to be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Problem is likely to improve on its own

+1

After three days it is not possible to determine or predict your final result.  Most of the time the crease below your breast is from the old inframammary crease.  With time this will stretch out.  

Concerns about breast implants after only 3 days

+1

You may or may not have a problem that your surgeon needs to fix. But it would be very difficult to know for sure after only 3 days. Most patients see a drastic change in the appearance of their breast augmentation during the healing process. It usually takes my patients 3 months before the final result is seen. I would not worry too much about things right now. Follow up with your surgeon and ask him/her about any concerns. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon