My doctor said aggressive massage may break up capsular contracture. Is that possible? (photo)

4 weeks post op beast augmentation. Doctor said both breast show capsular contracture left worse than right. Grade 3. I'm really freaking out. He made them bigger than I wanted. He said aggressive massage may break it up. He said we didn't massage aggressive enough is the reason for the contracture. Is there anything I can do? I can't live with very firm breasts.

My doctor said aggressive massage may break up capsular contracture.

+2

It seems rather unlikely that you have CC this soon after surgery. Without before photos and an idea of the implant size it is hard to comment specifically.

Based just on the photos, it appears that you may have had rather small and constricted breasts, and it make take more time for the skin and pectoral muscles to stretch and adapt to the new implants. Nothing is wrong with massage. But it will take time for the skin and muscle to stretch out and allow the implants to feel softer.

All the best.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I disagree with that statment, there are non surgical treatment modalities especially ultrasound but I would not want my patients trying to break capsules with there hands

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Capsular contracture at 4 weeks

+1

Aggressive massage may help with the pocket, but will not help a capsular contracture. It is un likely at 4 weeks post surgery that you have a capsular contracture. Follow closely with your surgeon.

Contracture

+1

I do not believe capsular contracrture is present at 4 weeks and it just could be that your implants have not had enough time to drop. I would wear a stap above the breasts to help push them down. We have such a velcro starp in my office for high riding early post op implants

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon