My Doc Has Told Me That I Need Irradiated Rib Grafting for my Revision Rhinoplasty. What Are Some Side Effects?

+1

Irradiated cartilage tends to dissolve unevenly after a few years, IMHO and as such I haven't used it in Rhinoplasty for over 20 years.  It's most likely setting you up for a revision Rhinoplasty to replace the uneven cartilage graft.  You may want to get a few other opinions from experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons.

Irradiated Rib Graft for Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

In order of preference I use the patient's cartilage from the septum, the ears, or rarely the ribs. The problem with irradiated cartilage is not the side effects but rather reliability and survival. However, some surgeons do prefer the irradiated cartilage because it is easier for the patient - you don't have to harvest their own rib cartilage.