Do You Think I Will Have my Desired Size Once I Fully Heal? (I Am Currently 1wk Post-op) (photo)

I feel let down right now, since my breasts at this point look the exact same as they did before (wearing padded bras). I requested 525cc's, however, due to the size of my frame the doctor used Sientra HP Smooth Round Silicone 465cc implants instead. Before surgery I was a 32a hoping to be a 32dd after surgery at the very least. Is it possible that I will still be able to achieve that size with these implants? Right now I look like a small C cup. I am 5'3" and roughly 110lbs.

Sientra Breast Implants

+1
Hi Daisybug,
Sometimes right after surgery you can feel a little down from the anesthetic, too, and it takes a couple weeks for the blues to go away.  You put in huge implants, way above average, so I would be optimistic!  All the best, and give it time as Dr. Wallach says below.  "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implants early post-op

+1

You look pretty large in the photo with the sports bra on.  Best to give it time to heal.  Good luck.

Giving implants time to settle

+1

Hello. One week is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Many patients feel that their implants look larger over time after breasts settle into their final position.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Do You Think I Will Have my Desired Size Once I Fully Heal?

+1

Photos in a bra are quite unhelpful in knowing your current status. I don't like to speak in terms of cup size, since there are no fixed definitions. Surgeons on this site who do commonly speak of cup size will quote a cup size increase for every 150-200 cc of implant size, with the smaller amount appropriate guideline for smaller band size, as in 32. 

I would expect by those guidelines to see a 3 cup size increase, but this is never completely predictable. All the best.