My Dentist Just Gave Me a Take Home Tooth Whitening Kit That Has 35% Carbamide Peroxide in It. Teeth Turned BRIGHT White- Why?

My Dentist just gave me a take home whitening kit that has 35% Carbamide Peroxide in it. (I just had my teeth cleaned yesterday) I put the tray in and within a minute only the gingiva between 23 and 24 turned BRIGHT white. I've whitened and have even had Zoom done before, but this has never happened to me..

Teeth Bright White After Bleaching

+1

Are you referring to your teeth or gums being bright white?  If it is your teeth, then congratulations on a successful whitening procedure.  If your gums are bright white some of the bleach leaked through the barrier during the whitening procedure and caused this.  Not to worry as this white appearance will subside in about 24 hours.  Hope this helps.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth turn Bright White from 35% Carbamide Peroxide

+1

Is it the TEETH that turned bright white or the GINGIVA (gum tissue) between the teeth?

If it's the teeth, that's what Zoom & any other whitening product is supposed to do. If it's your gingiva that turned white, discontinue its use, show it to your dentist & perhaps the amount you are placing in the tray is excessive, or perhaps the tray is overlapping your gingiva too much. Your dentist will be able to quickly remedy the situation.

New York Cosmetic Dentist