Should I get lower lid surgery. I am getting upper and this would be the time to decide. (Photo)

I was wondering from the picture if you would do upper and lower or just upper. Would I be happy with the results of injections in the lower. If you were my surgeon what would you tell me?

+2
Hello and thanks for your question.

You must be quite confused at this point as you have received a few answers. This highlights how important it is to go and see a Specialist Surgeon, experienced, and with a good reputation.

I am not sure how all these points did not come up with your original consultation.
As Specialists, we need to present the various issues that we are aware of, and also your options for treatment. You may not have been aware of these on your own.

So, see  a Specialist(referred to as Board Certified in the USA and Specialist Surgeon here in Australia). Discuss the points raised- the ptosis, and your question about your lower lids. In my practice, consultations such as yours are quite involved and require some time and lots of communicating. I enjoy utilising my expertise to help you achieve the best option for you.

I wish you well in your journey.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Be careful having upper blepharoplasty with ptosis and asymmetry

+2
Thank you for your question.  I want to echo the other doctor's concerns.  You have asymmetrical  brow position and eyelid ptosis on the left side.  Doing an upper blepharoplasty with these issues requires significant amount of expertise on the part of your surgeon.  An experienced board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon with long experience and eyelid surgery is required

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

LOWER EYELID SURGERY?

+1
It is always important to have a detailed discussion with an experienced surgeon prior to deciding upon a surgical plan.  From your photograph, your eyes are slightly proptotic (they stick out a little from the face).  Therefore, one has to be careful about lower eyelid surgery -- the concern is that it could make your eyes appear more hollowed out.  In my practice, I might perform a filler or more commonly, your own body fat, to fill in the tear trough. I would recommend laser resurfacing the lower eyelid region, as well.  

Best of luck to you!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I get lower lid surgery. I am getting upper and this would be the time to decide.

+1
It depends on what your surgeon recommends for the lower eyelids.  It seems like you have relatively prominent eyeballs which could make your lower eyelids look sunken.  Fillers could work in your case.  I might tell you to try fillers first and see if you are happy with the results.  You could even do this before your upper eyelid surgery.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelids with uppers?

+1
Hi. The dark circles are caused by a groove between your eyelid fat and cheek fat (nasojugal grooves). This can be improved with a lower eyelid blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). If you don’t want surgery then the appearance can be improved with a dermal filler injected to fill up the groove. These are very safe, but are only temporary, lasting 4-6 months. You should always have something temporary first to see whether you like the effect. If you like the effect then there are longer lasting fillers, which can last up to 18 months or so. The answer really comes down to how much the appearance bothers you and whether you want a permanent effect. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thanks for your question.
You have a droopy left upper eyelid, so you will need a ptosis correction surgery in addition to upper blepharoplasty. Failure to correct the ptosis at the time of upper eyelid surgery will worsen the droop after the surgery.
You have asymmetry of your lower eyelids with excess skin on the right and an asymmetric pattern of volume loss in your mid face. Ideally you should address all of these.
In Summary
Upper Eyelid Ptosis Correction ( droopy eyelid correction) with Blepharoplasty
Lower Eyelid Surgery with a Mid face lift + Fat Transfer ( lipofilling ) or fillers
Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I would advise caution.

+1
First you have a very complex upper eyelid situation with marked eye brow asymmetry.  You also have upper eyelid ptosis which seems to be worse on the left side.  Your surgeon should have diagnosed the basis for this asymmetry and how it will be addressed: hint your eyelid surgery needs to be more than just a skin and fat surgery.  You need to be having a ptosis surgery to correct the position of the upper eyelids rather than a standard blepharoplasty.  The lower eyelid situation is also complicated and you probably would benefit from an anterior and posterior approach lower blepharoplasty to preserve the orbital septum.