Can my Daughter Have Labiaplasty Surgery in America?

My daughter is 15, for 3 years her labia minora have caused her major issues. Surgery seems to be the only option, it is really effecting her quality of life. I have tried to book the surgery here in the UK where we live but it is no use, they say she needs to be at least 16. I've heard that in America you can be under this age if you have parental consent, which she does. We are going to Florida on the 27th of July is there anyway she can get to procedure done while out there?

Labiaplasty in a teenager

+1

Age is less of a factor in labiaplasty when you are dealing with medical and not cosmetic concerns with the labia minora.  Treatment requires the consent of a parent or legal guardian.  Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Labiaplasty for teen agers

+1

- Enlarged labia minora can cause significant issues for women of all ages, even teenagers.

- Discomfort with exercise, difficulty fitting clothes and bathing suits, and significant self-consciousness can be problematic.

- Parental consent is necessary for surgery on a person under the age of 18, and in my practice, it's very important for me to meet with the patient's parent(s) at least once or twice before surgery so that they are fully aware and involved with the situation.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty in Turkey

+1

I also consider procedures that cause self esteem related issues in minors, like ear deformities, juvenile breast hyperthropies, labial enlargement and even other problems that can bother the patients are  reasonable procedures to consider for us. Having a good post-op care plan is just as important as finding a surgeon capable of doing a good job with the procedure. I recommend  Istanbul,Turkey to English people and people from European countries considering aesthetic surgery. Using  e-mail, video conferencing you can judge where to go. If you are coming from Europe it will be reasonable then US. You can plan to spend a great time in Istanbul. Enjoy your trip and good luck.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty in minors

+1

I would consider many procedures that cause self esteem related issues in minors.  Classic procedures such as otoplasty (enlarged ear correction), juvenile macromastia (enlarged breast reduction) and labiaplasty are reasonable procedures to consider.  It can be safely.  The only thing I would encourage you is to find a plastic surgeon that you are confortable in addressing the post-operative care.  Post-operative changes that occur in the labial region may cause a minor a greater degree of anxiety compared to an adult patient.  Having a clear and comfortable post-op care plan is just as important as finding a surgeon capable of doing a good job with the procedure. Tools such as e-mail, video conferencing may be very important if you are coming from overseas unless you plan to spend a great deal of time in Florida.  Enjoy your trip and good luck.

Underage Labia Reduction Surgery

+1

Labia reduction in a 15 year old is a reasonable operation with parental consent.  In the US as opposed to the UK, surgeons are able to operate on minors who are reasonable candidates for surgery.  This is often done for individuals with functional issues or those who have significant enlargement of the labia, necessitating a surgical reduction.  The best way to figure out who can assist you during your time in Florida is to research Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in the region you're traveling to, and call or contact them ahead of your travel dates to confirm that the surgeon both performs many of these operations, and is willing to perform them on a minor.

Labia reduction surgery

+1

Yes, I perform this on younger females who are usually college age but given your description it seems resonable that she would be a candidate for surgery. I often need consent from parents for breast reduction surgery which is a more common procedure on youg females. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in the area for consultation.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty in a minor

+1

Indeed with severe enlargement and functional problems associated with labia minora hyperplasia (growth) I have performed Labiaplasty on patients as young as 15 years old when given parental consent.  This can be an agonizing problem for these girls that is remedied with surgery so I believe it is medically/surgically indicated,  Let me know if I can further help you while you are in the States...Ryan A. Stanton, M.D., Beverly Hills, CA 90211