Daugther Has a Huge Scar On Her Leg Due to Acid From 2 Months Ago. Has Healed, But Now Black?

on the left leg for 4year old child.

Melarase AM and Melarase PM for dark scars

+1
Hyperpigmented scars can be improved with creams. I usually prescribe Melarase AM and Melarase PM twice daily for my patients.  The creams can be applied morning and night to dark and discolored scars. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Acid burn

+1

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's injury.  Though we try to protect our children, injuries do occur.  Fortunately, when it comes to scars, there are often ways to improve them. Needless-to-say, at two months, there is still a great deal of healing that needs to occur and there will be time to deal with the scars in the future.  

I am more concerned about the black area on her leg. Without seeing a photo, I cannot say what is causing the black discoloration.  It could be melanin pigmentation or it could be infection or even part of the skin dying.  

Your daughter needs to be followed closely by a physician and I'd encourage you to see one immediately (if you haven't already).  I hope you find this information useful.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon