My Daughter Wants Fat Harvesting from Her Buttocks Transferred to Her Flat Chest, Is This Possible?

is this possible and how much would this procedure cost appriximately

+1

The fat should generally be harvested from the abdomen, flanks, or back rather than the buttocks.  This fat can then be transferred to the breasts.  This operation will be more expensive than implant augmentation and a one cup size increase is all that should be expected with this method at one time.       Kenneth Hughes, MD                                       Los Angeles, CA

Fat from Buttocks to Breast?

+1

Fat can be transferred to the breasts but the buttocks would not be the ideal area to obtain the fat.  Obtaining from this area may change the contour in a way that it looks deflated.  Fat is typically obtained from the abdomen or back. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Yes it's possible and it's all we do!

+1

Transferring fat from one part of your body to another is a reality. We specialize on fat transfer to the breast because it's all we do at our center. Our fat survival rate is higher than a typical procedure since we use the BRAVA external expander. This creates the space and generates the new blood vessel needed in order for the fat to survive. When not done with BRAVA fat is being squeezed into a tight space therefore less fat survives.

Roger Khouri, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation with fat transfer to the breast can be done. You and your daughter need to understand all the pros and cons of the surgery then you can decide if the surgery is for her

Fat grafting breasts

+1

Yes, fat grafting of the breast is possible provided you have enough fat to harvest. It works very well in selected patients and for certain indications. The drawbacks are possible fat necrosis with resulting microcalcifations, cysts, and lumps. Also, you can usually only go up one cup size from the surgery unless more them one surgery is performed. On the other hand, it is a lifetime procedure which will require no maintenance or chance of ruptured implants. I have had excellent results in my patients and they have been very satisfied with their appearance. Usually the fat is not removed from the buttocks but I guess if she wants smaller buttocks this would work.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon