My Daughter Has a 1cm Cut About 5mm Below the Right Eye?

My daughter has a cut 1cm about 5mm below the right eye.The cut has been closed back using glue 2 days ago but we are scared the wound would leave a scar on her face. What would be the best way to treat her wound so that it wont leave any scar on her face. Do we have to do any plastic surgery or apply any medicine so that there is no scar in her face. Deeply worried.

Improving scars on the eyelid after trauma

+1

Minimizing the potential for scar formation is as important during the surgery as after the surgery.  After the surgery, I would recommend pulsed dye laser and steri strip application to minimize scarring. 

Will My Daughter Be Left With A Scar On Her Face?

+1

I completely understand your concern.  I have a beautiful daughter of my own, and I would certainly worry about any scars on her face.  I have some good news for you.  In general, scars 5mm below the lower eyelashes is on eyelid skin and not cheek or facial skin.  Eyelid skin is the thinnest skin on the body.  It has very thin dermis, and the thinner the dermis, the finer the scar.  Therefore, the scar should be very minimal.  

There are many variables to consider - your daughter's age, her coloring, the direction of the scar, was it a sharp cut or was it blunt trauma, etc.  All that being said, I like the idea of super glue on eyelid trauma.  In that way, your doctor didn't add the trauma of suturing to whatever trauma caused the cut.  At this point, I would not do anything other than be sure that no infection intervenes to make things worse.  

Seeking out a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion would be the appropriate next step, but I doubt anything can be done until the scar matures.  More than likely, your daughter's scar will be minimal, or hopefully, even invisible.  

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon