Should I just get my crown replaced?

Crown on upper side (second to the last tooth) was replaced and too high. Dentist made some adjustments twice and now my bottom front teeth are hitting under my top front teeth. Dentist shaved a little off of the bottom teeth but they are still hitting. Should I just get the crown replaced and will this restore my bite. Please help this is driving me crazy,

Should I just get my crown replaced?

+1
A dentist will usually adjusts the teeth to all be even, but sometimes the patient will think that a newly placed crown is too high.  The mouth is very sensitive to even the slightest changes in the bite, and changes always occur to some degree with the bite when placing new crowns or fillings. 
If it was too high, most dentists will continue to adjust the crown until the patient feels comfortable.  The problem many times lies in the fact that the patient is oftentimes numb when the dentist is making the changes, or is comparing the feel of the soft temporary crown they had to wear when the crown was being made to the new crown, which is harder (more tooth like than the temporary crown) and many times feels like a pair of old comfortable slippers compared to a new shoe worn for the first time.  Thus, if the patient keeps telling the dentist "it's too high", the dentist will usually continue to adjust until the patient feels the crown is hitting even with the rest of the teeth. 
If the patient gives the dentist wrong directions, to continually adjust more, eventually the crown may end up being too low, or "out of occlusion".  If it's too low, and a back tooth, then the patient may end up hitting harder on the other teeth, or front teeth. This is "probably" what happened in your case.
Now to answer your question, if your bite is uneven, then some kind of restoration or adjustment should be done.  It may involve adjusting crowns and other teeth, or it may require that a crown "out of occlusion" be replaced with one that is higher and hits even with the other teeth.
The problem here may be which way to go and the issue that if you kept telling the dentist that your crown was too high, and he adjusted it trying to make you comfortable instead of you both being patient and let things settle in, is that who should pay for the crown to be remade?  Who should accept responsibility?  This is a conversation that you should have with your dentist.  Understand that when crowns recently placed need to be remade, usually everybody loses...the dentist, the patient and the dental laboratory.
By the way, all dentists who have been practicing for a number of years have had situations similar to yours.  Don't be too hard on your dentist, just try to resolve it in an amicable way and preserve a good working relationship with your dentist.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist